12 February 2011

Baby Crown



Other than the headband style this is the first style I've attempted. From what I remember growing up in the South it's called a "crown". Babies should sleep on their backs at least until the age of nine months so you can't really do the back of their hair. Looks easy but can be quite a struggle to get baby girl to hold still long enough to get those parts straight. Especially if you're a beginner like me. I used a tail comb, but she is a squirmer. I use Proclaim rubber bands because they won't damage hair. Got them at Sally's. Something I found that looks better is if you put the last wrap of the rubber band around the bottom instead of the top. I keep her hair moisturized with 100% pure coconut oil that I get from Nutiva. It makes the hair coming out the rubber bands go right into a curl. Her hair is actually about three inches long, but curls up because it's so moisturized. I promise to get close up pics on future dos. There aren't really any instructions on how to do this. I used hair combs to hold back the hair I was not rubber banding. Make sure you comb the hair before you rubber band it. Otherwise the curls will show in the base of the piggytail and it'll look messy.


Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

2 comments:

All comments are moderated. Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...