03 March 2011

Piggyback Piggytails



I saw a hairstyle where the piggytails were split and joined into other piggytails and loved it. I tried it, but little miss' hair just wasn't long enough. So I went for the piggyback piggytail. Her hair was just long enough for that. Did diagonal parts. It took me two days to get this done because she is a squirmer, and just got sick of me messin' with her head after a while. We took breaks, and I finished it this morning. It's not perfect, but for her age and my experience I think it turned out pretty good. I read on a blog somewhere that rubber bands close to the scalp will cause the hair to break. That has not been my experience. I use lots and lots of coconut oil to protect the hair. You'd think it'd make the rubber bands slip out, but it doesn't. Speaking of that I try not to put the rubber bands too tight in her hair. Tight rubberbands has got to be very uncomfortable, and I'm sure it'd increase the chance of the hair breaking, and tight rubber bands have got to cause damage to the hair follicle. Look close at the hairline and you will see a couple of the hair follicles bumped up. ( You can click on a picture to zoom in. Use the back button to return to the blog. ) That means the hair is too tightly pulled. They're called stress bumps. I will go back and try to loosen the rubber bands. If it looks as though the hair is being damaged by me trying to loosen the rubber bands I will probably just take the hairstyle out and consider it lesson learned. Trial and error!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

6 comments:

  1. those are really cute, what a great idea! it's amazing how many different style combinations can be created with piggyback pigtails/braids/twists. this is one i haven't seen before, adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, she is so beautiful! My 3-year-old Sienna just saw a picture of Destiny and said, "Aw, look at me!" Soo funny. You are so good at her hair! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rory! LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Glamazon! Thanks! I'm still learning, but try my dangedest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Oh my goodness. Looking at your little girl almost makes me want to adopt another baby!! Oh How I love them so little & cute.. But I still LOVE my kids as they are getting older.. My girls are 6-7 & I still am terrible at doing their hair.. I wish I had a hairstylist bone in my body!! Oh my husband & I have adopted 2 white children & 2 black.. We love all 4 as much as if I had given birth to them.. Yes there have been challenges & weird dumb questions from ppl.. But we are a family & that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bren's Life - There are some awesome hair websites listed in my sidebar and YouTube has some amazing videos. Let me know if I can help direct you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...