22 March 2011

Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal Conditioner Review


Lots of people rave about Taliah Waajid's Enhancing Herbal Conditioner so I bought a bottle and loved it too. We've been using it for months now. I can comb through her hair with a fine-tooth comb with this stuff in her hair. It's very moisturizing and smells wonderful. Her hair looks beautiful with this in it. There's just one draw back for me. It's not heavy enough. A thicker heavier conditioner will weight the curls down a bit and cause them to lock into ringlets. I love that look. This conditioner treats her hair amazingly, but is not heavy enough to create ringlets. Her hair stays in a beautifully moisturized afro. The curls are defined because it is so moisturized, so it's not a true afro, but it's closer to looking like an afro than it is to looking like ringlets. It's a very pretty look, but I can achieve it with a heavier conditioner if I just comb through the ringlets. While Taliah Waajid's Enhancing Herbal Conditioner is awesome and works great I think I will search for a conditioner that moisturizes just as well but is a bit heavier. That way I have the option of afro or ringlets. Let me know if you have found such a thing.

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Peach! This is Sara, the mom who blogged about using the tightly curly method with her daughter (and was featured on keepmecurly.com - wow!). I also wanted to use a more natural product for my daughter's hair. However, I turned to the cheap stuff at the drugstore and had the best luck with that. I started out with Tresemme smooth and silky but then tried Aussie Moist which is my new favorite. Man, this stuff really makes the tight, defined ringlets. The other reason I like it is because it is cheap and when you do the technique you end up using handfuls of the stuff. An eight ounce bottle wouldn't last a week. I would go broke with anything more expensive! ;) Good luck! Her hair is a lot of work but also a source of pride. I am glad I am heading in the right direction with it. I am also glad I found this method now and now when she is 10. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcy's Botanicals "Natural Coils Curling Jelly" is a great product for weighing down the curls a bit so they stay curly all day. I am in LOVE with this product.

    http://darcysbotanicals.com/natural-hair-care/styling-finishing/natural-coils-curling-jelly.html

    I appreciate all the great links in your blog, and I really enjoy reading about your experiences. We're a transracial family as well, and I'm right there with you most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sara T.! I love the Tightly Curly method and have used it since the beginning. I will for sure try the Aussie Moist. You're right - it does get expensive having to use so much. I saw your post and your daughter and her hair are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link Beth! I'm always on the look out for tried and tested products. Thanks for being a regular reader! I sure appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...