30 November 2011

Taliah Waajid's Children Products



In my Hair Care tab at the top of this blog I mention that I do not use shampoo and just scrub her hair with my fingers while her hair is under water and then condition with Taliah Waajid's Enhancing Herbal Conditioner. (Click here for my review of that product.) I read somewhere that the scalp is like any other skin on your body, and you wash that with soap, so of course you should use soap on your scalp too. I figured I'd try that out. I LOVE Taliah Waajid's Enhancing Herbal Conditioner, so I stuck with their products to look for a shampoo for baby girl's hair. I found out that they have children's products HERE. I ordered them - the Kinky, Wavy, Natural Berry Clean Three In One, the Kinky, Wavy, Natural Herbal Style & Shine, and the Kinky, Wavy, Natural Easy Herbal Comb Out.

The Berry Clean is a shampoo. I love it! It cleans her hair beautifully without drying it out, which makes no sense, but it really does. Her hair feels and looks "squeaky clean", but doesn't feel dried out somehow. The Herbal Comb Out is a conditioner. It's amazing too. I run my fingers through her hair upward to get rid of all the loose hair and my fingers slide easily. At first I lightly rinsed it out, but after a few weeks I decided to just leave it in. It coats and moisturizes well, but I am going back to the Enhancing Herbal Conditioner. The Enhancing Herbal Conditioner coats even better and seems thicker and is available in more of a bulk size. The Style & Shine is for styling. It's not my favorite. It's thick and smells great and a little goes pretty far, but it's very near too thick and doesn't dry clear if you use just a bit too much. Though the Style & Shine may be a better treatment for my daughter's hair, I'm going to stick with using Aussie's Moist Conditioner (also mentioned in my Hair Care tab) for styling for now.

So I need to update my Hair Care section. I now wash once a week with Taliah Waajid's Kinky, Wavy, Natural Berry Clean Three In One, leave-in-condition twice a week with Taliah Waajid's Enhancing Herbal Conditioner, and style with Aussie's Moist Conditioner.

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby Girl! I like Taliah Waajid products as well! With my baby girl I use Shea Moisture products, they make a baby shampoo and other great products! With African American Hair you have to be careful, sulfate will dry our hair out! I also make my baby girls products to put on her hair, Olive Oil Or Grape seed oil and then I add an essential oil lemongrass , smells wonderful! I get so many complements. I am a new blogger would love for you to stop by sometimes
    http://beforeyoutuckmein.blogspot.com/. I am from Huntsville, Alabama, I see you are from Alabama as well! ROLL TIDE, or WAR EAGLE? Roll TIDE for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! She's almost 3 now! I agree about the sulfates and have never used a sulfate ridden product on her hair. We use coconut oil and it works wonders for her. Actually I am not from Alabama, but good guess. :D I'll certainly check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...