09 November 2012

Great African-Americans

While back home last time (born and raised in the South) I picked up a coloring book called "Great African Americans".

 It's a fairly boring coloring book (for my 2 and 3 year olds, but maybe not for older kids), but an awesome collection of great African-Americans. There are 45 African-Americans shown who helped shape our country! Each has a couple paragraphs under their picture telling of their accomplishments. This morning when my son brought it to me and asked me to read it to him I got an idea. I'd like to try to post about each one of these great African-Americans here. It''l save you a bit of legwork when you're looking for an African-American history lesson for your child(ren), and it'll save me legwork later on when I want to pull out another African-American hero story.

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

2 comments:

  1. Do you know if that coloring book is available online? I'd love to get a copy for my little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I put a link when I posted this post, but I guess not. Sorry! I've added now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...